Click here for WEATHER STATUS
Click Here to RESERVE Court Time
**COVID-19 Notice: Courts remain OPEN for tennis and pickleball only. Remember to lock the courts when finished. If you choose to use the courts, make sure you are practicing social distancing and following local and CDC guidelines.**
About WRA Tennis
The Waynewood Recreation Association offers tennis activities to appeal to all ages. The facilities include three lighted courts and a practice backboard that are available to members year-round. During the season WRA offers spring, summer and fall programs for children and adults of all abilities. Activities include group lessons for children and adults, a Junior Team, private lessons and adult clinics and socials.
The WRA has engaged Advantage Tennis to run the WRA Tennis Program for the 2020 season.
The goals of the program are to:
- Provide an enjoyable tennis experience to WRA members at all levels of tennis skill.
- Provide team competition for WRA members who enjoy competition.
- Develop a competent club level player who will enjoy tennis as a lifetime sport through the WRA Tennis Program. This goal requires a program with a proper balance of fun, instruction, and competition.
Please take the time to read the Tennis Etiquette, Rules, and Regulations for information on court reservations and tennis light operation.
For any tennis questions, please contact our Sports Chair, Stephanie Angle.
Tennis Court Schedule and Reservations
Tennis Courts #1 and #2 may be reserved by the hour with the WRA online Reservation System. Reservation hours are open between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. Tennis Court #3 is first come, first served. Court #3 is located the furthest from the entrance gate. Reservations details are below or can be found in detail by visiting Tennis Etiquette .
Procedures for Making Reservations:
- The reservation system is live 24 hours a day and open for the entire year. For personal use, courts may be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- When completing the online reservation for courts, under “Usage Description” please include the First and Last name of the member and names of all other players. Mark guest names with a “G”. Please also describe the usage (i.e. Singles, Double, Private Lessons, etc.).Spot checks will be made to ensure that members follow these rules.
- Courts may be reserved for up to 90 minutes a day per membership.
- Court 3 (unreserved play): With the exception of lessons or group events approved by the Sports Chair, Court 3 cannot be reserved in advance. Time limits are 60 minutes on Court 3. Please be courteous with playing time.
Tennis Court Keys
The tennis courts should remained locked, so please remember your key.
New keys are $15 each, payable by check to the WRA. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate payment and pickup.